Adding a Property Setting
Properties (also known as “API clients”) are used to make authenticated requests against the Akamai REST APIs. Typically, these calls are used for login and registration: anytime a user logs on to or registers with a website (either using traditional lor social login/registration), that activity is managed by a property. Properties are also involved when administering a website: access to site resources (such as user profiles) is dictated, in part, by the property used to make a management request.
To add a new property setting, complete the following procedure:
- In Manage Properties, click the Add Setting icon.
- To add a standard setting, in the Edit Settings pane, click Select setting key and then click the setting you want to add. Note that, depending on the situation, some of the setting names in the dropdown list might be grayed-out. That means that those settings are already in your list of settings, having been previously-configured at either the global or the property scope.
- In the Value field, enter the value for the new setting:
- To add a custom setting, type the setting name in the Select setting key field. Note that setting names cannot contain blank spaces; individual words in a name are typically separated by using underscores (my_setting_name):
- As you type, the setting name appears in the Create setting button located just above the new setting. Click (in this example) Create site_locale. If you click anywhere other than Create site_locale, you’ll see an error message similar to this: To resolve this error, click the setting name (site_locale) and then click Create site_locale. You will not be able to save your changes until this error has been resolved.
- Type the value for the custom setting in the Value field:
- When you are finished adding new settings, click the Save Changes icon: