Crop an Image
Before you begin
To crop any image, locate the URL of the image you want to crop. For example, if you want to crop the following image:
Find that the URL for this image is:
Now create a policy in Image Manager called Crop.
Open the application.
- In the new Akamai Control Center UI, go to .
- In the classic Luna UI, on the Configure menu, go to Image Manager and click Policy Manager.
- Select a contract and a policy set name, then click Manage Policies.
Click Add New
The Name Your Policy window appears:
Enter Crop in the Policy
Name field and click OK.
The Image Policy Editor appears:
- Add the Crop transformation to your Workflow section.
- Specify 600 and 300 to set the size of your cropped image in the Width and Height fields.
- Indicate placement of the crop box by selecting Center in the Crop Gravity field. This shows where you want to crop the image based on the X and Y positions.
- Set the X position to 20 and the Y position to 10 to place the center of the crop box 20 pixels to the right of the left edge and 10 pixels up from the bottom edge. If the crop box falls partially outside of the borders of the original image, you could set Allow Expansion to Yes to extend the borders of the original image to encompass the entire crop box.
- Save the Crop policy and go to the URL for the image on your staging web site.
Apply the impolicy query string
parameter to the end of the URL as follows:
The following image now appears:
For more information about adding artistic transformations to images, see the Image Manager Help.