Go Live on Production
Going live on production, activates a policy on the production network and allows your web site to use optimized videos. When activating a policy on production the Policy Rollout Speed Recommender provides multiple rollout periods to choose from. To help you select a rollout option we’ve included policy insights about the number of hits or percentage of your total traffic in the last 24 hours.
Before you begin
When selecting a rollout option consider the number of pristine images and the frequency of image requests. Selecting a slower rollout helps to keep origin offload higher in the event of any cache re-population.
Click the orange Go Live on Production button
in the upper right corner of the policy.
A confirmation message appears. Before selecting a rollout option review the policy insights about the number of hits or percentage of your total traffic in the last 24 hours.
Select one of these options. Select a
slower Go Live option to help minimize the impact to performance during your policy
- 7 days. Activates the policy on production over a period of seven days.
- 3 days. Activates the policy on production over a period of three days.
- 1 day. Activates the policy on production over a period of one day.
- Now. Activates the policy on production within the next 90 minutes.
- Click Go Live on Production. The status of your policy changes to pending and an estimated activation time appears. This is the time that your policy is live on production. During the roll out state you will begin to see changes to the videos on your site that use this policy. All of your customers do not see these changes until the end of the roll out period.