Purge videos from the cache
If you modify a video file, you should purge it from the cache. This ensures that Image and Video Manager generates fresh derivatives using the new version of the video.
Image and Video Manager supports these purging methods:
- Fast Purge (by URL, CP Code, or ARL)
- Enhanced Content Control Utility by Directory or Extension
Videos can be cached in several places. Before purging perform these steps:
- Remove the out-of-date videos from the Origin server.
- Clear your browser cache and history.
- Clear the videos from any middle proxy caches in your local environment.
Note: Query parameters are stripped in the product. This means that query parameters are not included in the cache key even if they are present in the original request.
Take, for example, this URL:
The cache key becomes:
You can purge either of these URLs:
Both URLs use the same cache key so purging either will remove the object.