Activating the Property
After you save your changes, RUM is now part of your property’s configuration. However, in order to begin collecting RUM data, you have to activate the property on the Edge Staging Network (ESN, or Staging) to begin collecting test RUM data, and verifying that RUM is working as expected. After you complete RUM testing, you can then activate RUM on the production network.
- Log in to Control Center (https://control.akamai.com/).
- Select the property to which you have added RUM.
- On the Property Home page, find the version of the property that includes your RUM changes.
- Click the gear icon for the configuration version you want to activate.
- Select Activate from the menu.
- On the Activate tab, click Activate v# on Network.
After the initial configuration version is fully activated on the network, it can take up to 24 hours before the RUM reports show data. Viewing time periods that are less than 2 hours old typically results in an incomplete sample period. RUM reports do not estimate any data. However, the data points that appear may not reflect all of the data points for that time period.