Adding the RUM Behavior to the Property
This section describes how to add the RUM behavior to a property created in Property Manager.
- From the Context Selector, choose the asset/property to which you want to add RUM.
Select one of the following options from
the Configure menu:
- New Property: Select if you are creating a brand new property to add RUM to.
Properties: Select if you are adding RUM to an existing property. After
you select the property, you will have to select the configuration version of the
property.Note: Depending on the product line you are using, RUM may be automatically included in the default rule for any new properties you create.
- Complete any general setup tasks or changes required for the configuration.
- In the Rules section for the property, determine
- which existing rule(s) you want to add RUM to, and
- whether you need to create additional rules for RUM data collection.
After you know which rule(s) you want to
add RUM to, select that rule, and then click Add Behavior.
Note: You can add RUM to either the default rule, or to a rule that you create.
- Select Real User Monitoring (RUM) and click Insert Behavior.
- Verify that the Status field is checked.
- Save your changes to the property.
- When you are ready to start testing your newly-changed configuration, continue with Activating the Property.