Set up a namespace configuration
Each namespace has a 3 jurisdictions, North America, European Union, and Japan. Each of them needs to be configured seperately. You need to configure only jurisdictions you will be using. Within a configuration you need to specify topics, access control lists (ACL), and groups of publishers, and subscribers that are authorized to publish or subscribe to topics.
- Go to .
- On the IoT Edge Connect page, expand a namespace from the list of reserved namespaces.
Next to the appropriate
jurisdiction, click Manage.
Choose a jurisdiction that corresponds to the location that your customers are in.
- Set an access control list by clicking Add ACL.
- Enter an absolute or wildcarded topic filter.
- In Pubs, enter the names of the user groups authorized to publish messages to this topic.
- In Subs, enter the names of the user groups authorized to subscribe to this topic.
- Click Save.
On the Activation tab,
click Activate new
This activates the current configuration on the Configuration tab.Note: If you want to roll back to a previous configuration, go to the Activation tab and click Rollback to version <old version number>. Clicking the version number opens a version preview, outlining the configuration of the particular version in a JSON format.