MQTT over WebSocket
You can use MQTT over WebSocket as your connection method. The implementation is similar to the native MQTT with minor configuration differences, described in this topic.
- MQTT over WebSocket uses port 443.
- Your path starts with a WebSocket protocol,
wss://.For example: For example:
- Client ID
- Client ID is mandatory and is cross checked with the Client ID extracted
from your JWTs or certificate.
For mutual authentication, make sure to configure the mutual authentication behavior in your property to extract a Client ID from a field in your certificate. See Configure the Mutual Authentication behavior and Mutual Authentication guidelines.
For JWT, make sure to configure the JWT behavior in your property to extract a Client ID from a custom claim in JWTs. See Configure the JWT verification behavior.
- Pass your JWTs as a query string parameter or in a header.You can pass JWTs in:
- the custom query string parameter you specified in the JWT behavior of your property.
- the default
X-Akamai-DCP-Tokenheader if you haven't specified any custom header in the JWT behavior of your property.
- the custom header you specified in the JWT behavior of your property.