Associate a property hostname to an edge hostname
You can associate a property hostname to the edge hostname in Property Manager when you create the OTA Updates property configuration. On the edge network, edge servers read from property configuration files to determine how to distribute content. The association between your property and edge hostnames allows networks to resolve requests for your content. Perform this procedure to configure secure delivery of content over HTTPS with your hostname.
Before you begin
Recall the Edge IP Binding (EIB) edge hostname that your account representative provided.
If required, establish an SSL certificate. For more information, see Establish an SSL certificate in the certificate provisioning system.
Access Property Manager
configurations associated with the selected Control Center account. Go to
(or just enter Properties in the
The Property Groups page opens.
- Click the Property Name link for your property.
- On the Property Details page, click the Version of your configuration that you want to access in Manage Versions and Activations.
- On the Property Manager Editor page, select Secure (Customer Certificate) in Property Version Information.
In Property Hostnames, click
An Add Hostnames wizard appears.
In the Hostnames step, enter your property hostname, or an appropriate portion of that hostname and click Next.
In the IP Version step:
- Select IPv4 + IPv6 (dual stack).
- Optional: Select Enable Edge IP Binding.
In the Certificate step:
On the Certificates Matching All Property
Hostnames tab, select an SSL certificate, modify an existing SSL
certificate, or create an SSL certificate.
- Click Next.
- On the Certificates Matching All Property Hostnames tab, select an SSL certificate, modify an existing SSL certificate, or create an SSL certificate.
In the Edge Hostnames step, click
and select the existing EIB edge hostname that your account representative
- In Associate Edge Hostname to Property Hostname window, select Select Existing.
- Optional: To limit the number of results, select an appropriate filter from Filter by IP Version.
From Edge Hostname, select the
EIB edge hostname that your account representative provided and click Submit.
The Success window with further instructions appears.