Verify the Edge IP Binding configuration
After activating your property in the production environment, you can verify that your Edge IP Binding (EIB) setup is properly configured. You can do so by checking if requests to your domain are routed to one of the anycast IP addresses assigned to your production hostname.
Access Property Manager
configurations associated with the selected Control Center account. Go to
(or just enter Properties in the
The Property Groups page opens.
- Click the Property Name link for your property.
- On the Property Details page, click the Version of your configuration that you want to access in Manage Versions and Activations.
On the Property Manager
Editor page, make note of the edge hostname in Property
Get the anycast IP address of
the edge hostname:
For more information, see the Edge Staging Network (ESN) User Guide.
Depending on your
computer, perform an nslookup or dig of the edge hostname.
iot.ota.example.com. 600 IN CNAME iot.ota.example.com.edgekey.net. iot.ota.example.com.edgekey.net. 600 IN CNAME iot.ota.example.com.eip.akadns.net. iot.ota.example.com.eip.akadns.net. 300 IN CNAME eip-ntt.iot.ota.example.com.akahost.net. eip-ntt.iot.ota.example.com.akahost.net. 30 IN A 126.96.36.199
- In the response, make note of the edge hostname's IP address.
- Depending on your computer, perform an nslookup or dig of the edge hostname.
In the Property
Hostnames, click next to your production
hostname in the Edge IP
A Edge IP Binding Details window with a status of your EIB setup and a list of all anycast IP addresses assigned to your hostnames appears.
Check whether the IP of your edge hostname is in the list of Bound
- If the IP address is in the list, your EIB setup is properly configured and all requests to your domain are routed to one of the IP addresses assigned to your property hostname.
- If the IP address is not in the list, contact your Akamai representative.