The Performance tab (DD)
Performance reports for DD provide insights into the rate at which data is delivered, and the volume and percentage of download requests.
Start by setting up a filter
Use the Filters panel to customize your report. You can set these options:
- Date Range (Required). Click the date range field and determine a range of time you want for report data. See Set the date/time range for a report for more information. You can also set a Time and Timezone for this report. However, certain time zones may not work with this report because data is collected on an hourly basis using the UTC time zone.
- CP Code (Required). A content provider (CP) code is a unique identifier we assign to you for reporting, billing, and monitoring traffic served over the Akamai network. Someone in your organization assigns a friendly name to a CP code when it's created—either via a tool in Akamai Control Center or an API, or with the help of your Akamai account representative. Click each desired CP code to include in the filter or, if you know the name or number of the desired CP code, type it in the Filter field to refine the results. You can also click All to include every CP code.
- IP Version. Select the applicable IP version for traffic—IPV4, IPV6, or All for both.
- HTTP Version. Select the desired HTTP version used in the transfer of content.
- Traffic Type. Select the traffic security level—Non-Secure for HTTP traffic, Premium Secure Traffic for HTTPS secure traffic that uses an Enhanced TLS Edge certificate, Secure Traffic (Shared Certificate) for HTTPS secure traffic that uses the Akamai shared certificate, or Standard Secure Traffic for HTTPS secure traffic that uses a Standard TLS Edge certificate.
Each individual content panel in the reporting tabs is referred to as a "widget." Several widgets make up your report in this tab. Here's an example of the "Origin Offload" widget in the Performance tab:
|Throughput, Offload Hits, and Offload Volume||These offer overall performance values for these three metrics.|
|Throughput||Information on the rate of successful delivery of
media from the server. This is calculated as the total bytes
delivered divided by the total time taken to serve the request.
Reported in Mbps.
|Origin Offload||Percentage of bytes delivered from the Edge Servers
as compared to those delivered from your origin.
|Throughput by CP Code||Information on bandwidth usage by CP code,
categorized by Edge, Midgress, Origin, and the sum of Edge and
|Offload by CP Code||For a CP code, this is the percentage of hits and
bytes delivered from the Edge servers as compared to those from the
origin server, including NetStorage or "Your" (custom) origins.
(Edge Hits - Ingress Hits) / Edge Hits * 100.
|Throughput by Country||Information on the rate of successful delivery of media from the server for selected country. Information is categorized by Edge Volume and Edge Throughput|
|Offload by File Extension||For each file extension, the percentage of hits and bytes delivered, from the Edge servers as compared to those from the origin server, including NetStorage and "Your Origin" custom origins. Information is categorized by Edge Volume, Offload Volume, and Offload Hits.|
|Throughput by ASN||Information on the rate of successful delivery of media from the server for selected Autonomous System Name (ASN). Information is categorized by Edge Volume and Edge Throughput.|
|Offload by Content Type||For each content type, the percentage of hits and bytes delivered, from the Edge servers as compared to those from the origin server, including NetStorage and "Your Origin" custom origins. Information is categorized by Edge Volume, Offload Volume, and Offload Hits.|
You can modify your filters
Click to further refine the specific data for all widgets in the report. The same options discussed above are available for use.
Toggle between Table and Chart view
Click the table icon () or the chart icon () to switch between these views in a widget.
Aggregation of data is affected by Chart view
If a widget offers a Chart view that displays a line graph, there is a limit on the number of data points that can be plotted. This limit affects the aggregation of data revealed, based on the range of time you specify. See Widget data aggregation and Chart view for more information.
Click the magnifying glass icon () to customize the kind of data that is shown in the widget. See Analyze data shown in a report for more information.
Download the widget's data
Click the download icon () in a widget to download a comma-separated value (.csv) data file of the report output.