Configure the master variant playlist for your encoder.
The filenames index.m3u8, playlist.m3u8 and master.m3u8 are considered master playlist names and are hard-coded into the system. Use these filenames only for the master variant playlist. You can post these playlists only during the encoding session startup. Akamai makes special provisions in the configuration metadata to post the playlists directly to persistent storage.
Encoders can upload the MPD once, as per the standard, or at any arbitrary interval. The content of the file can change on each upload, but that is optional. The URL syntax is:
Apart from these default names, you can create a distinct name for the master variant playlist using the following guidelines:
- Enter one filename per line.
- Filenames can contain any of the following characters: a-z,A-Z,0-9,_,and -.
- There should be two distinct manifests with .mpd and .m3u8 extensions respectively.
- The characters * and ? are treated as wildcards.
- Filenames are case-sensitive.