Specify basic settings
Click Add Configuration to display the Basic Settings section
on the Add Live Configuration page.
- Select a contract ID tied to your account from the Contract drop-down list. The CP code is filtered based on the contract ID that you select.
Select the reporting CP code from the Reporting CP Code drop-down
CP code resources enable you to specify the Content Provider code associated with the stream. A Content Provider code is necessary to track all web traffic handled by Akamai servers. It is supplied to you when you purchase a product, and you need it to activate any associated properties. You can generate additional CP codes, typically to implement more detailed billing and reporting functions and assign to custom properties.
- Enter a name for your configuration in the Configuration Name field.
Enter the hostname in the Hostname field.
Hostnames can have up to 16 alphanumeric characters (including upper and lower case characters). For example, hdflash3. Staging hostnames for all are added automatically for staging activation to test configurations on the staging network. For example, if your hostname is
example-lh.akamai.com, your staging hostname is
Enter comma-separated additional digital properties in the Additional Digital Properties
You can use the digital property that you add to play back live stream content.
You can add up to 10 digital properties. If you need more properties, contact your Account Representative.
You should cname the hostname associated with this configuration to the digital properties that you add, to your DNS records.
Examples of digital property names are
Select your archive or NetStorage CP code from the Archive/NetStorage CP Code
This CP code is provisioned for use with your instance of archive or NetStorage, and has been configured as the root directory in the storage group.
- Select the location that best matches the geographic area of most of your end users from the Target Audience Location drop-down list. This is also the location for your archive.
In the Format
- Ingest - Select the RTMP checkbox.
- Delivery -
Select one of the following formats:
- HD FLASH 1.0 - For FLV delivery URLs (available only for existing customers)
- HDS - For Adobe HTTP Dynamic Streaming
- HLS - For Apple HTTP Live Streaming
In the Security
Selection area, optionally select the Enable SecureHD Policy Editor (SPE)
button to activate SPE. SecureHD Policy Editor is only available if that feature is
included in your contract.
Except for Player Verification in HLS, all SPE features are supported for HDS and HLS formats.
For optimal performance, do not associate more than 40 hostnames with a Security Policy configuration that utilizes SecureHD Policy Editor.Note: The SecureHD Media Encryption feature is not supported for HLS with Additional Digital Properties (the hostname does not end with akamaihd.net or akamaihd-staging.net domain).
- Select an edge hostname map from the Edge Hostname Map drop-down list.
- Click Next to specify advanced settings.