Specify advanced settings
Advanced settings for HDS Delivery Format
- KeyFrame Interval Based - Specify the number of key frames to include in an HDS fragment. Akamai sets the fragment duration based on the incoming key frame interval.
- Time Based - Specify the fragment duration. This value should be equal to, or a multiple of, your GOP interval. The default value is six seconds, which would work for one-, two-, three-, and six-second GOP sizes. If your interval is different from these values, set the appropriate value in this field. Setting this value incorrectly could cause undesirable bitrate switch downs in HDCore versions lower than 2.8.
Advanced settings for HLS Delivery Format
- Specify Segment/Fragment Duration. Enter a duration (between 2 and 60 seconds) for your segments or fragments.
Specify Audio-Only Stream Options.
- If you want Media Services Live to automatically extract an audio-only stream from your lowest published bit rate, select the Extract Audio-Only check box. If you provide an audio-only stream, your stream will take precedence, and no other audio-only stream will be extracted.
- If you want to display an image when
the audio-only stream is played, check Thumbnail/Artwork Insertion for
Audio-Only Stream. An Insert Image section
appears.Note: The Thumbnail/Artwork will be added to the audio-only stream provided by you or the one extracted if that option is turned on.
Thumbnail will only be inserted in audio-only streams packaged in AAC/ADTS container.
Only .jpg and .png format files of 40 kb or less are supported.
Select the location of your image with
the appropriate radio button in the Origin Type section:
- Akamai NetStorage
A Select File section appears with either one (Select New Image) or two radio buttons (Currently Configured Image and Select New Image), depending on whether you previously configured an image or not.
If the Currently Configured Image radio button is available, you can view the image by clicking its name.
If you wish to use a new image, select the Select New Image radio button and enter a NetStorage path to the image, or click Choose File to navigate to the path.
- Customer Origin
An Image Path field appears. Enter the pathname of the image file on your origin (pathnames using the HTTPS protocol are acceptable).
- Akamai NetStorage
Activate or save your configuration
On the bottom of the Advanced Settings page, move the slider to select Activate on
Click either Production or Staging.
- Production — Activates the configuration on the production version of Control Center.
- Staging —
Activates the configuration on the staging Control Center to enable testing.
The hostname and Archive/NetStorage parameters are activated separately from each other and from the other configuration parameters. These parameters are not activated on staging, only on production.Note: Staging hostnames are added automatically for all akamaihd.net domains to test configurations on the staging network. For example, if your akamaihd hostname is example-lh.akamaihd.net, your staging hostname will be example-lh.akamaihd-staging.net
The hostname and Archive/NetStorage parameters are activated separately from each other and from the other configuration parameters. These parameters are not activated on staging, only on production.
- Review your configuration.