Example 1: Omit an event with pre- and post-sections from archive views
The following Live Archive Management tool usage example describes a sporting event that includes pre and post-game shows that are completed. You want to continue making the event available to end users, but without the pre- and post-game shows.
Use the Live Archive Management tool to designate where in the archive file to begin playback and where to end it.
If you do not want to keep the pre-game show in the archive, you can set up a deletion time to remove all content before the time to free up space on your NetStorage account.
Set On Air Start Time:
- In the accompanying field, enter the date on which you would like archive availability to begin. Alternatively, you can select the date from a graphical calendar.
- From the Hr, Min, and Sec dropdown menus, select the time at which you would like archive availability to begin.
- Set On Air End Time in the same way.
- Set the Delete Time (optional)
- From the Deletion Options menu, select one of the Delete Prior To Custom Time option.
- In the accompanying field, enter the date prior to which you would like archive content to be permanently deleted.
- Repeat Steps 1, 2, and 3 for the backup stream, replicating the primary stream’s settings.
- Click the Save button. The page refreshes with your new parameter values in place.