Welcome to Akamai Media Services On Demand: Encoding Best Practices.
Media Services On Demand is a cloud-based technology platform for live and on-demand streaming. It is proven to support the largest online events by managing millions of simultaneous streams in a single event and delivering true 1080p on-demand premium content. Media Services On Demand is a platform for the next generation of streaming that is designed to address problems of the last generation by, for example:
- Simplifying live and on-demand streaming to multiple devices and run times.
- Delivering an interactive television-like experience that complements traditional television.
- Protecting content with powerful, responsive, and easy-to-provision security.
- Raising the bar on scale, performance, and reliability.
- This document provides best practices for creating high-quality video-on-demand experiences using Media Services On Demand. It explains how to find information about creating the best source material, selecting the best transcoding options, and ensuring the content is prepared for delivery. This document provides generalized best practices. Each customer’s situation is different. Contact your Account Representative for assistance with your specific needs. This document contains the following sections:
- Source preparation best practices provides recommendations and describes the following:
- Encoding recommendations provides recommendations on selecting bitrates.