Set up a custom metric
Custom metrics give you the tools to help you make connections between your users’ experience and your site’s business goals, or key performance indicators (KPIs). You can measure, track, and assess the status of specific key business goals that are critical to your organization.
Before you begin
You can define up to 10 custom metrics for your web app configuration based on any measurable value in a page, using these methods by browser:
- URL Pattern (all browsers)
- URL Pattern with CSS Selector or XPath (Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, iOS, Android 4+)
- In mPulse, click Central.
- In the left pane, select Apps.
From the list, double-click your
app, then click
In the Metrics dialog, there are preset (default) formats for the way results appear in the dashboards, which you can override.
Click the plus sign to add a custom
metric and open the Metrics dialog.
- In the Name field, give the metric a name. Enter a descriptive comment about the metric if you want.
From the Value Source menu, select the
method to define the metric.
Tip: For details on how to define a conversion metric, a revenue metric, or a mobile app metric, see the links under Learn more.
- From the Include on menu, select which beacons you want the metric applied to.
- From the Data Type menu, chose a data type for the metric.
- To override the preset dashboard formats at the top of the Metrics dialog, select the checkbox and make your changes.
- Click OK to save the metric.