Set up session tracking across your domains
Let mPulse track all your distinct domains in the same mPulse app.
Make sure that you’re using boomerang version 1.500 (v1.500). For session tracking to work, you'll need to host an HTML page on a URL of the main domain that is valid for the app. If Akamai delivers your traffic, you can do this in Property Manager. Or you can add the HTML file to the origin server.
Before you begin
- In mPulse, click Central.
- In the left pane, click Apps, then double-click the app that you want to set up session tracking for.
- Click Sessions.
- In the Session Timeout field, enter a value between 1 and 60 minutes or use the preset value of 30 minutes.
Select the Enable session tracking across multiple
domains checkbox to show the Specify domains dialog.
Note: The Enable Cookies for Session Tracking checkbox is preset. If you're going to track sessions for several domains, do not deselect this option.
- In the Specify domains field, enter a subdomain that you want to track, then click Add. The subdomain appears in the Domain section of the dialog. Repeat this step for all of the subdomains that you want to track.
- In the Domain section of the dialog is the code that you need to host the HTML page. If you’re going to host the HTML page on the origin server, click Download HTML to save the code to your machine. If you’re going to host the HTML page in Property Manager, copy the code to your clipboard.
- At the bottom of the dialog, enter the URL of the host page where the code was entered, for example, www.example.com/akamai/mpulse.html.
- Click OK to save the configuration.
- Place the HTML file on the origin server. If Akamai delivers your traffic, use Property Manager to host the HTML page.