Note changes in your site’s performance
When an event affects your site’s performance, add an annotation to your chart to note the change. Annotations provide important visual cues that you can use to identify dates and times in comparison dashboards
Once you create an annotation, mPulse saves it, places it in your charts, then posts a note on your Timeline in the corresponding session. You can manage annotations in a chart with a simple point and click.
Use these steps to add, modify, remove, or hide an annotation:
- In mPulse, click Central.
- In the left pane, select Dashboards.
- From the list, double-click the dashboard that you want to add an annotation to or create a custom dashboard.
- From the filter bar, select a relative time or define a range of time where you’d like the annotation to appear on the chart.
- In the right corner of the chart, click the gear menu, click the Annotations menu, then select Add/Edit Annotations.
- At the bottom of the Annotations dialog, click the plus sign to create an annotation. Your user ID and the date and time of the first data point appear in the dialog.
In the Title field,
enter a descriptive name for the annotation, then click
Tab. mPulse saves the annotation. You can
enter a brief description if you want to.
Note: To move the annotation, click and drag the marker to the data point. You can also click the date and time under your user ID to select a different time or a range of time for the annotation.
To return to the
dashboard, click off the Annotations dialog. A marker for the
annotation appears at the bottom of the chart on the date set in the
Tip: To see the annotation details, hover over the marker on the chart. To keep the annotation open in the chart, click the marker.
- To view annotations in your Timeline, click Timeline on the main menu.
To modify, delete, or hide an annotation from a chart:
- Modify: In the chart, place the cursor on the marker, click the edit icon in the dialog, make your changes, then click off the dialog to return to the dashboard.
- Remove: In the chart, place the cursor on the marker, click the edit icon in the dialog, click Delete, click OK, then click off the Annotation dialog to return to the dashboard.
- Hide: In the right corner of the chart, click the gear menu, select the Annotations menu, then click the Custom toggle. To hide alerts, click the System toggle.