Set up a custom metric for your mobile app
Gather custom metrics such as user location, device type, carrier speed and application usage for your mobile user.
A custom metric for your mobile app requires only a name match in the app configuration to go along with your project source code modifications. Use the following steps to ensure a match between the named value entered in your app configuration and that used in your source code for the given timer or metric.
For more information on mPulse metrics, see Metrics and custom metrics.
- In mPulse, click Central.
- In the left pane, click Apps.
- From the list, double-click the mobile app that you want to use or create a new app.
At the top of the dialog, there are preset (default) formats for the way results appear in the dashboards (color range, currency symbol, percent and currency decimal places), which you can override.
Click the plus sign to add
a metric as shown in this example.
- In the Name field, give the metric a name. Enter a descriptive comment about the metric if you want.
From the Data Type menu, choose
one of the following:
- Number is a sum or count depending on the number of sessions on your site.
- Currency is displayed using a currency symbol. Decimal places are from right to left. For example: 0 displays $12,345; 1 displays $1,234.5; 2 displays $123.45; and so on.
- Percentage is divided by 100, and then multiplied by 100. Decimal places are to the right of a given decimal point. For example: 0 displays 12345%; 1 displays 1234.5%; 2 displays 123.45%; and so on.
- To override the preset dashboard formats at the top of the Metrics dialog, select the checkbox and make your changes.
- Click OK to save the configuration.