Analyze how external resources impact your business metrics
The Resource Impact Score widget is an infographic where you can analyze how individual resources (first and third-party) affect your page load time.
The Resource Impact Score widget is available from the widget type directory in the Resource Impact Infographic folder. To add this widget to a custom dashboard, see Create a custom dashboard.
Within the Resource Impact Score widget, is your Resource Impact Analysis (RIA). The RIA includes these components:
- Impact & Load Time by Page Group
- This chart shows all of your website’s page groups ranked by their activity
or conversion impact score. The length of the bars tell you that page group’s impact
score, if a conversion metric is set then conversion impact score will be used, otherwise
the widget will use activity impact score. You can use the slider at the bottom of the
chart to filter out page groups with low impact scores.
To improve performance, focus on optimizing the page groups with high impact scores and long load times. Colored indicators show the median page load time for each page group.
For perspective on conversion impact score, see Conversion Impact Score: What is it? And why do you need to know yours?.
- Resource Waterfall
- This chart shows resources with the most impact loaded in the selected page group. Resources are ordered by their position in the page load. Each asset’s load-time is represented as a box and whisker plot that shows key load time percentiles.
- Resource Load Times
- This chart shows a box and whisker plot for each resource from the selected
group. The resources are ordered and color coded by their load time. Assets with high
impact scores appear at the top of the chart.
Resources which have a significant impact score have slider elements at the median value. Drag these handles to change the projected resource load time.
Hover over the dark vertical line within the box to see a resource’s key statistics from aggregated performance across many asset loads. The plot that appears is a simplification of the resource load time distribution.
To remove a resource from a page group, deselect the checkbox.
- Impact & Projected Load Time by Page Group
- This chart shows your website’s page groups ranked by their impact as well
as the current load times. The projected load time for the page group appears once changes
are made to the resource load time. When assets are modified, the page load time
indicators separate, showing the original and projected load times based on your
changes.Note: Modifying the load time of some resources might impact multiple page groups. Removing a resource will only impact the page group it is removed from.Tip: To see the revenue impact of a specific resource after you make changes to it, take the projected page and session load times and plug them into the What-if widget.
- Session Load Times
- This shows your website’s overall session load times. The current time is your original combined session load time. As you make adjustments to your resource load times, the projected time session duration and relative changes will update.