Set up a custom dimension for your mobile app
Filter your data on criteria that you define, such as user characteristics. For instance you can differentiate premium customers from casual visitors to make sure that your paying customers are having a good mobile experience.
For more information on mPulse dimensions, see Dimensions and custom dimensions.
- In mPulse, click Central.
- In the left pane, click Apps.
- From the list, double-click the mobile app that you want to use or create a new app.
- Click Dimensions.
Click the plus sign to add a dimension
as shown in this example.
- In the Name field, give the dimension a name. It’s a good idea to add a descriptive comment that explains what the information is that you’re capturing and how you’re capturing it, or what you expect the pattern to look like.
In the Type section, select a data
- Text: Some text on a page; can be any value.
- Numeric: A count on a page such as the number of advertisements.
- Boolean: A 0 or 1 for Boolean (captured as a Numeric).
- From the Include on menu, select which beacons you want the dimension applied to.
To set up an alias map that translates
values collected in the browser to user-friendly names that appear in the dashboards and
- Under Alias Map, click the plus sign to add an entry.
- In the Value field, enter a value collected in the browser.
- In the Alias field, enter the user-friendly name for the value.
- Click the plus sign to add another entry to the map.
- To remove an entry, click the X.
- Click OK to save the configuration.