Find ways to boost performance
Get key information to help identify areas where performance optimizations would improve the user experience.
Once you know how fast your site is, and how fast you want it to be, it’s time to identify how to improve its speed. As each beacon of data arrives, the DevOps dashboard gives you a summary of back-end and front-end timers plus strike lines showing performance over time. It also shows a visual breakdown of front and back-end performance and traffic over time.
The globe widget also lets you see the location of your visitors and their experience on your site in real time.
- Page Performance
- This widget shows your back-end time, your front-end time, and your page load time. For more information on how mPulse measures back-end time, see mPulse FAQ.
- Performance vs. Traffic
- This widget shows a visual breakdown of front and back-end performance and traffic over time.
- This widget shows the number of views and completed sessions.
- Network Performance
- This widget shows the speed of your network.
- This widget shows your bounce rate, average session duration, and average session length.
- This widget shows the load time and beacons for your top countries.
- The interactive Geography widget shows median load performance by
geographic unit. The widget legend shows performance in seconds and assigns a color
for the given range. As with other mPulse performance analytics, color is coded to
indicate performance by geography, from darker green (great) to lighter green (good)
to yellow (fair) and darker yellow (poor) and on to red (extremely poor).Tip: The Geography widget is also included in the Metric Analysis dashboard and will display pop ups for the custom metric selected at the dashboard level as data for a metric arrives.
Click the Plus (+) or Minus (-) controls as you would with any interactive map. Click a country to inspect performance details for Median Load and Measurements (that is the number of beacons collected per the selection).
Note that the 4.499 second median load above matches the location in the color range shown on the legend.Click Filter to this Country to show only the current selection in this widget and to filter the other dashboard widgets to this country.
- Operating Systems
- This widget shows the load time and beacons for your operating systems.
- Page Groups
- This widget shows the load time and beacons for your page groups.
- This widget shows the load time and beacons for your browsers.