Create an external data source
Integrate mPulse with a monitoring service to understand how your application’s performance impacts your end users and your business.
If you’re planning to use Dynatrace data with mPulse, set up the Dynatrace metric before you create the external data source in mPulse.
Before you begin
- In mPulse, click Central.
- In the left pane, select External Data Sources.
On the menu bar, click the
sign to open the External Data Source Editor dialog.
- In the Name field, enter a server name.
- Enter a folder location and description if you want to.
From the Type menu, select one
of these external data sources, then enter the required information.
- For Amazon CloudWatch, enter your AWS access and secret keys, and region.
- For AppDynamics, select a connection method, enter the URL of the server, your user name and password, and your account name.
- For CA Wily Introscope, select a connection method, enter the URL of the server, and your user name and password.
- For Data Science Workbench, enter the URL of the server.
- For Dynatrace, select a connection method, enter the URL of the server (note that the URL must include the REST management port, 8021. For example, https://188.8.131.52.8021), and your user name and password.
- For New Relic, enter your account ID and API key.
- For Rigor, enter your API key.
- Click Test Connection to confirm that the connection is successful, then click OK to save the settings. The external data source appears in the External Data Sources list in Central.
Add an external data source widget to your dashboard.