The File Manager setup process
Applicable Control Center user accounts must be configured for access to File Manager before using the application.
Before you begin
This is a one time process — once you have configured access for a specific Control Center user account, this same access will be available each time the user logs in to Control Center.
- The Control Center user account you wish to use must have NetStorage administrator privileges.
- You must know the username of the Control Center user account you wish to use.
- You must have a storage group configured for use, and you must also know its storage group name.
- You must have an upload account configured to access this storage group, with File Manager enabled as an Access Method. You must also know its upload account name ("Id").
- If necessary, access the
NetStorage Groups UI in Control Center:
- Open the application. Go to FileManager button. . Click the
- Click the Setup FM Access button at the top of the NetStorage Groups UI.
- Input the Username of the Control Center user account in the first Filter field and click its radio button to select it.
- Locate the applicable Storage Group in the table. (You can type its name in this Filter field to limit results.)
- Click in the associated Upload Account field and select the applicable account. (Only accounts that have had File Manager enabled as an Access Method are revealed.)
- Repeat steps 3 - 4 to add access for more storage groups.
- Click Update Access.