Site Snapshot configurations can be fine tuned with additional settings.
HTTP and FTP Options
- Headers List: With this option selected, enter request headers, one per line, that will be sent from the requester (the failover site), to your origin when the files are requested.
- Cookies File: Input the complete path and file name (including extension) to a cookie file that will be passed to the HTTP server on your origin site. The file must already exist within your failover site, in the path specified (i.e., you will need to upload it to the specified directory in NetStorage prior to generating the snapshot).
- Ignore Robots File: When selected, any restrictions that a robots file contains regarding what may be downloaded will be ignored.
- FTP Retrieval Scheme: Enabling this option may circumvent various firewall issues. At the time of publication, detailed information on Active vs. Passive FTP could be found at the following URL: http://www.slacksite.com/other/ftp.html
- Retrieve Symbolic Links: Enable this option to have the snapshot follow and download files linked from symbolic links.
- Max Size: Limits the total size of the snapshot, in bytes. Define a numeric value here to serve as a stopping point for the snapshot, in regards to the total size of downloaded content.
- Time Out: Input a
numeric value to serve as a stoppage point for the snapshot in regards to time
(for example, if you do not want your Storage Group resources impacted longer
than a specified amount of time).Note: The default time-out is 900 seconds (15 minutes), and it will be automatically applied if a value is not set for this option.
- Log File: Log error and other messages. Identify a complete path within your storage group to serve as a destination for generated log files. If a subdirectory is specified in the associated field, that sub-directory must already exist within your storage group, prior to initiating the snapshot.
- Preserve Timestamp. This functionality allows you to perform “incremental” snapshots of your origin site, and only new or changed content will be included in each subsequent snapshot, after the first.
- Override Command: Toggle this option to enable the ability to use the Command field.
- Command: This field displays your current snapshot configuration. If you enable the Override Command option, this field allows you to override any SST options you’ve set in the UI. If enable, manually enter the desired command in the Command field. Review The SST command format for a complete set of sst command options.
Review the configuration to confirm the settings. Once you are satisfied with your snapshot configuration, click the Save button. The view will revert to the Site Snapshot dashboard with the new snapshot displayed in the table.