Alert Detail: High Disk Usage -- NetStorage
This alert notifies you when the total storage in MB for a particular Upload Directory (CP Code) exceeds the specified threshold.
It's best not to use Alerts to monitor your Storage CVS (Committed Volume of Storage), due to differences between Alerts data and invoices. Storage space alerts are instantaneous measures, but disk usage billing is usually done on a 95/5 basis and thus has a time window that cannot be built into the alert mechanism.
Time periods and this alert
When this condition is present for four (4) to seven (7) minutes, this Alert will "fire". An alert-cleared notification will be sent seven (7) to nine (9) minutes after the condition ends.
Managing this alert
Once you’ve added this alert, it will initially be revealed in the Never Active content panel. As it fires, it will move to other panels, based on its "firing timestamp". If necessary, click the panel's button to open it, where it's revealed as:
<Your Alert Name> High Disk Usage -- NetStorage
You can interact with it as follows:
- Edit the Alert - Click its <Your Alert Name> and click the Settings button. The wizard revealed is similar to creating an alert.
- Delete the Alert - Click its <Your Alert Name> and click the Delete button.
Troubleshooting this alert
We don't generate and maintain a backup copy of content you delete from NetStorage. If necessary, ensure that you generate your own backup copy of content before deleting it.
- Verify the amount currently stored in NetStorage.
- Check the amount of content stored in specific directories.
- Check the most recent "NetStorage Recent Activity Report" ( ) to find out which files were uploaded to, or deleted from your NetStorage directory recently.
- If this alert is configured to warn you that you are approaching your contract's storage amount, you should delete some of your content from the applicable Storage Group as soon as possible to minimize or avoid bursting charges over your committed storage volume. You may also want to modify your High NetStorage Configuration Disk Usage to set a higher threshold.
- If you consistently exceed the committed storage volume established on your contract, you can contact your account representative to request additional space in NetStorage.
All available information is provided
When fired, all available information is included within the alert text. No further information is available—either in or outside the alert—that may explain why it was fired. Because of the large amount of data on the network, the Alerts system can only report the occurrence of the alert; it will not report why it occurred. Although the suggestions listed above will allow for historical investigation as to why the alert fired, no additional real-time data is available aside from what is reported in the Control Center Monitoring tool.