Example Setup - WinSCP
WinSCP (Windows) is supported for use as an FTP Client to access NetStorage. It is freeware (donation-based) and its Installation Package can be obtained here:
After download, install it following the instructions provided.
- Launch WinSCP.
- In the Login window, ensure that New Site is selected from the left panel.
- Select “FTP” from the File protocol drop-down.
- In the Host name: field, input your Upload Domain Name.
- In the User name: field, input the Username.
- In the Password: field, input the FTP Password.
- Recommended: Click the Save button. This will save the Session and allow you to quickly load it in the future. Apply settings as described below and click the OK button when finished:
- Site name: By default, this will display <Username>@<Upload Domain Name>. If desired change this value to a name you’ll easily recognize.
- Folder: Leave as <none>. You can configure Default Directory, Directory Limit and Subdirectory Restrictions in the upload account. Changing the setting here will conflict with these settings.
- Save password: Leave deselected.
- Create desktop shortcut: Select if desired to have an icon placed on your desktop that you can quickly double-click to launch the FTP session.
- Ensure that your session is selected in the left panel and click the Login button.