Create a new property
To set up OD, you first need to create a new property in Control Center.
- Select the appropriate Control Center Account. Use the top-right pull-down in the header to select the account.
- Open the application. Go to . Click New Property.
- Click Create Property in the Object Delivery card.
- In the Property Name field,
enter a name for your property. This serves two purposes:
Tip: To make things easy, you can use your site's hostname for this value. Make note of the value you set for future reference.
- The filename for the property.
- How it's displayed throughout Property Manager.
- Select the appropriate Group to use for the property. The group selected must have Object Delivery included on the contract associated with it.
- Click Next.
Review Property Version information
After you add a new property, this is the first panel you'll see. It shows information regarding the OD property, as well as a settings used to define HTTPS (secure) or HTTP (non-secure) delivery.
You can view the contract associated with the configuration, see its current status on each of the edge network environments (Production—live, vs. Staging—test), include Version Notes for the configuration, and set the desired delivery method:
- Standard TLS ready. Select this if you want to use basic (non-PCI-compliant) HTTPS or non-secure HTTP delivery.
- Enhanced TLS or Shared Cert. Select this if you want to use a higher level of security (PCI-compliant) or 's shared certificate for secure (HTTPS) delivery.
You fully configure the actual delivery method when you define property hostnames.
Now you use the Property Manager Editor to define the property: