Confirm that your computer points to an Edge server
Verify that you've properly pointed your system to our Edge servers to begin testing.
X-Akamai-Staging. The value sent with this header is either "ESSL" for HTTPS requests or "EdgeSuite" for HTTP requests to the staging network.
After your browser points to the staging Edge servers, make a
test request against the new property configuration on the staging network, and then check
response header to see if the response is coming from the staging network.
- Close all browser windows and reopen your browser.
- Go to a page you want to test (for example, www.example.com).
and make a request to the page.
- Chrome: Press Ctrl+Shift+I (Windows) or Command+Opt+I (Mac) for the developer tools, and click the Network tab.
- Firefox: Press Ctrl+Shift+I (Windows) or Command+Opt+E (Mac). This takes you to the Network tool.
- Internet Explorer/Microsoft Edge: Press F12, and then press Ctrl+4 to open the Network utility.
- Click the first file listed.
Take a look at the response headers. If
you see either
X-Akamai-Staging: EdgeSuiteyou know that your request is going to the staging Edge server.
Check for the
Use this checklist to interpret the
Did the page load as expected? Is the X-Cache entry present? Result Yes Yes Success! You’re ready to test. No Yes You reached an edge server, but something isn’t working. The value of the X-Cache entry might help you identify the problem. Yes No You reached the origin, not the edge server. Check the entry you added to your hosts file. No No You have not reached either the edge or your origin. Check the entry you added to your hosts file.