Check that the object is not corrupt
An object that is only partially downloading may be corrupt on the origin server.
- Locate the absolute URL portion of the ARL. To see how, check ARL syntax.
Using the ARL and the absolute
URL, request the object from the Akamai
server. Use the Request Content (CURL) tool.
- If you get a 404 response, the object is not on the origin server.
- If you see the object, go to the next step.
Find the IP of the end user's
origin server by doing a hostname lookup of the origin domain. Use the Get Domain Details (DIG) tool.
Tip: You can use the same procedure to check if the object is intact on the Akamai server.
- If you receive only one IP address, make multiple requests for the absolute URL using the Request Content (CURL) tool. There may be multiple origin servers behind a balancer, which is why you have to make multiple requests.
- If you receive multiple IP addresses, use Request Content (CURL) to request the object from each of the origin servers.