Check that the origin hostname can be resolved
The Akamai edge servers need to be able to resolve the origin hostnames correctly.
- Locate the absolute URL portion of the ARL. To learn how, check ARL syntax.
- Use Get Domain Details (DIG) to resolve the origin hostname.
Use Get Domain Details (DIG) to do a DNS query against each authoritative name server returned in step
- If at least one of the origin server’s authoritative name servers does not respond to a DNS query, the origin hostname may not be resolved.
- If all name servers respond to a DNS query, proceed with the next step.
- Use Get Domain Details (DIG) to do a DNS query against the origin hostname.